Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Challah Braided Crown Bread - 4 strands


Hi everyone! The last time I baked a Challah bread was like years ago! Gosh!
Challah bread is a braided bread loaf either in a crown form or a long braided loaf form. It is originated from the Jewish, and they had this Challah bread during Sabbath or festive seasons, , which symbolizes joy and happiness. 

Today I baked one with a 4 strand braid and I wanted it to be a crown bread, therefore after  shaping the dough and braided it, I placed it into an 8" inch round cake tin and bake it. Some even said it looks like a cake more than a bread 😂😂

Anyway, I still have a lot of braiding practice to do, as I don't give myself a pass in this one.....hmm, not that pretty 😕

Anyway, here is the recipe and also there is a Youtube link where I learnt to do the 4 strands braiding.




Here is the link if you wish to download the recipe and also the Youtube link for you to watch : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj8tuQ1RojM&t=16s


Hope you enjoy making and baking this Challah bread, do let me know what do you think of it, do you like to make more of this Challah bread? As I was challenging myself that I will try the 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 and 9 strands braiding in the future. Stay with me  and till then......


Happy Baking!






No comments: