Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Strawberry Macarons with Strawberry Jam Filling…….my 4th attempt


Hahahaha, do I sound so 'kesian' when you see my post title "4th attempt"…..LOL …..No joke oh, this is really my 4th attempt in making Macarons, and you wouldn't believe it when I said my last 3 attempts ended up all in the bin, and it was so heart breaking that I didn't even want to take a picture to show anyone, aiyo L
But as I told myself, I would give it another try , the last one, before I call it 'done' for Macaron for good……….and thank goodness, this Labour's Day sure paid off. It's actually quite funny, when I woke up this morning, I just felt that I wanted to make Macarons today, and I think today is 'D' day for Macaron and I just felt that I will succeed this time……hehe, six sense konon oh……..LOL
I followed this recipe and was really keeping my fingers crossed all the way that this time I'm going to make it right…….no more flop please…….
You wouldn't believe me when I told you that I actually stand beside the oven, staring at the Macarons, waiting for the 'feet' to appear before my eyes and praying really hard……….as my last 3 attempts, all of them ended up without feet, and some even so runny that it doesn't stay in shape when I piped it on the baking paper. Hey, guess what……after 7 minutes inside the oven, and my constant staring at the oven.......the feet slowly, but steadily and elegantly appear in front of me, ARGH!!!!! and I was like………"I did it! I did it! My Macarons has feet, finally !!!!" in the kitchen ,and the kids came running into the kitchen........in a state of shock.......and ask me what happened. I think they must have thought that their Mummy has gone insane…….after a series of baking…....hehe, sorry Angels………Mummy is just too happy and couldn't believe her own eyes, haha ^_^


I strongly suggest you guys to schedule a time to bake some Macarons. It's just so lovely and beautiful just looking at it, and the texture, it's very light-weight, sweet………and I actually don't know how to describe it…….but one word…..it's awesome and lovely and definitely satisfied!! ………yeah, I know, though the chances of failing is a bit on the high side, but hey, I would say, it sometimes depend on individual too. I have seen countless blogs where they got it at the very first time, some on the second at least. So, here's wishing you all - Happy Macaron baking……..I have already schedule my next Macaron appointment, LOL^_^

Here is where I got this recipe……check it out! I followed exactly as stated…….no alteration at all :P



Happy Macarons Baking ;)
 

No comments: