Monday, September 24, 2018

Dark Chocolate Mooncakes



It's Mid-Autumn Festival today, all the mooncakes baking and making finally comes to an end. This year I think I baked the most of all the rest of the years before. In fact I was still having 2 on my list that I wanted to bake, and they are the ones that I haven't try making before.
Well, of course, even after the festive celebration is over, I can still make them for normal afternoon tea treats , 😂

Anyway, today I'm going to share the recipe of this first timer I baked last week and it's definitely also a keeper and a must have for the coming Mid -Autumn festival celebration.


Here's the recipe link for you to download:


By the way, I used Hershey's Unsweetened Dark Cocoa Powder and it tastes great. The sweetness of the moon cakes overall was perfect as I used the less Sugar Emerald Lotus paste.


Besides this, I also baked up a batch of Traditional Piggy Mooncakes for the kids and also to be given as gifts to my friends. I baked these piggies every Mid Autumn as they were so cute and everybody loves it.


The recipe for these cute piggies are from Anncoo Journal and I'm linking back to her , so that you have a clear picture of how she mould and shape the piggies too. Have fun!




Here's wishing all of you a very warm and happy Mid-Autumn Festival celebration with your family and friends.


And happy baking!!

No comments: