Sunday, January 1, 2012

Buco Salad aka Coconut Salad


Happy New Year again to you all! What's the New Year resolution? hehe.....we always reset this button when the new year comes, and whether it is achievable or not, that's another story, right? Well, it's only normal that we set a standard for ourself to achieve and change, as life is always full of challenge ;)
Anyway, this year, I'm not setting anything outrageous or unusual for myself, I'm just hoping that I will be able to try something new, something more than I'm usually doing right now, and of course, if possible, may this year be even more fruitful than last year!!


Another 3 more days, school will be re-opening and I'm still kinda in a 'sleepy' mode from the day the holiday starts last year, LOL........how lazy!!! Well, but when come to think of it, it's time to get the kids back to school, as they are showing signs of 'laziness' already too ......... :P




As for you today, I have something easy to make and yummy to eat to share and you definitely would like to try this out. The ingredients are easy to gather, and maybe a little difficult for some of you, but I can be assured that it's worth it after all.......anyone having trouble locating young coconuts?? hehe.......


Have you try "Buco Salad" before? If you have been to The Phillippines, you must have heard so much about this dessert, and to tell you the truth, you will not believe me that it is sooooooo easy to make.........preparation time less than 10 minutes!!




Here's the ingredients :
  • Young 'Buco" / coconut, shredded - 4 cups ( I used 3 coconuts)
  • Nata de Coco - 12 ounces (I used 2 cans)
  • Mixed Fruit Cocktail - 15 ounces ( 1 used 2 cans)
  • Sweetened Condensed Milk - 14 ounces (I estimated by myself according to the sweetness I want)
  • Heavy Cream - 7 ounces ( I estimated too according to how creamy I want it to be, hehe)
Here's how to prepare it :
  • I used a 'coconut shredder' to scrape out the coconut from it's shell, and put it all into a big salad bowl;
  • Drain the Nata de Coco, and Fruit Cocktail from the can using a strainer, then pour it all into the bowl where the coconut is;
  • Mix it a bit, and then pour in the sweetened condensed milk and heavy cream, stir it well until evenly mixed and coated.
  • Wrap the bowl with a clingwrap and refrigerate it for at least 4 hours before serving.
Till then, have a good new year  and catch up with you soon.......bye!

No comments: