Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Thai Dried Shrimp Cookies

Oops, I can't remember which Saturday it was, but as usual my Saturdays and Sundays are always filled up with spending time with the kids, and now added baking into it. Still so new to baking, I was always thinking of making this, baking that and it's endless.......whenever I run my fingers through those cookbooks........I always have a plan draw out that I wanted to try everything that I saw in the cookbook,...crazy huh? What can I say.........:)

So, this Saturday I made an attempt to try to make the 'Thai Dried Shrimp Cookies" that I saw from one of the bloggers, Daily Delicious, therefore credits all goes to her. I like her blogs a lot as I have learned and gathered quite a number of awesome recipes from there and she is always very precise in showing the methods of doing things , which is very favourable to new beginners like me. Do give it a try if you like things made from shrimps....and the aroma is hmmm.........undescribable....hahaha. Here is the recipe, Happy Cookie Baking!



Thai Dried Shrimp Cookies
Ingredients
75g
Dried shrimp
1
Egg
75g
Sugar
165g
All purpose flour
115g
Unsalted butter
½ tsp
Vanilla extract

A dash of salt

Method
  1. Preheat oven to 180~C, and line the baking tray with baking paper.
  2. Combine the flour and dried shrimps in a bowl, put into a food processor and process until fine. Set aside.
  3. Beat the butter and sugar until blend and add a dash of salt. (You may omit the salt if you find that the shrimp is very salty, I did omit it).
  4. Put the egg into a bowl and beat until combine, then add in vanilla essence. Pour the flour mixture into the bowl, mix with a spatula until combine.
  5. Put the dough into the piping bag fir with 1 cm roll nozzle. Pipe the dough into 5cm small finger.
  6. Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes (1 baked mine for about 20 minutes) or until golden brown. Let the cookies cool on the wire rack.


No comments: