Saturday, September 26, 2009

COCOA BROWNIES

Brownies always reminds me of chocolate, rich and dark, chewy and nutty and every bite of it contains a mouthful of half-melted unsweetened chocolate chips. Woooo…….pretty sinful huh, LOL. Well, do indulge yourself in a bite of brownies once in awhile, it's really very enjoying and satisfying. I love brownies and my eldest son, Ian, just loves it ……………anything in chocolate is never a miss for him, just like me, hehe…..Hubby always says he has a taste for food ....just like me :P

Today, I flipped and flipped the cookbook and decided, "COCOA BROWNIES", yes, Cocoa Brownies I will make. Ian shouted "hooray" and cheered me into making it with extra chocolate chips and extra almonds in it. Now having a supporter like him beside me, how can I not make this brownie NOW!!! So, without another minute wasted, I digged out all the ingredients called for in the recipe and started the quest....hehe, the bake I mean..... Oh! By the way, I got this recipe from 'Daily Delicious' blog.



COCOA BROWNIE
Ingredients

115g / 4oz


butter
45g / 1½ ozcocoa powder (Dutch-Process Cocoa)
2eggs, beaten
225g / 8ozcaster sugar
1 teaspoonvanilla essence
55g / 2 ozself-raising flour
(or ¼ tsp baking powder with cake flour)
115 gany kinds of nut, chopped (I use almonds nibs)
55g/ 2oz


Method
chocolate chips

  1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and line the base of a 20cm/ 8 in square tin.
  2. Melt the butter over a low heat, then stir in the cocoa powder. Leave to cool.
  3. Beat the eggs with the caster sugar until pale, then fold in the cocoa mixture.
  4. Stir in the vanilla then sift the flour over the mixture and fold in.
  5. Spread half the mixture into the prepared tin and sprinkle with half the walnuts and chocolate chips. Cover with the remaining mixture then the rest of the walnuts and chocolate chips.
  6. Bake in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes or until set. A wooden cocktail stick inserted into the centre should come out damp but should not have any uncooked mixture clinging to it.
  7. Place the tin on a wire rack to cool before cutting into squares.
Trust me, you have to try this recipe, it's a must –try………Happy Brownie Baking!

No comments: