Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Coffee Flower for the Coffee Lovers


Tea time is always the best way to enjoy a cup of freshly brewed coffee with some light snacks or cookies. That's what i had for you today, as I was a coffee lover myself, today's recipe involves nothing more than just 'coffee'. I like to enjoy a cup of coffee whenever I can squeeze sometime in my busy days..........sometimes just 15 – 20 minutes out of those heavy hectic schedules. I would always make a cup of 3-1 Old Town Original Coffee and dip some cookies or biscuits of my choice.........sometimes just plain Cream Crackers will do too.....LOL

Since there are a lot of coffee lovers out there, and not to mention, I have two of my own kids, Ian and Angel are a big fan of coffee (hmm, makes me wonder where did they get this inheritance from...??).......My MIL would say that they got this all from me......I wouldn't doubt it too.....hehehe. In fact today's recipe was picked out by Ian when he was browsing through this newly bough cookbook of mine – "Biscuit Code by Florence Tan". He chose "Coffee Flower" after flipping back and forth a few times. He told me, "Mummy, I think these cookies would be yummy, and I just love the taste of coffee"....and well, I have to agree too, as it looks really good. So, I get him to involve in the piping of the rosettes on the baking tray, and we had such fun and good times laughing at some of the awkward shapes being piped out. Well, coffee lovers out there......give it a try. Happy baking!


Ingredients

(A)

220gm flour (sifted)
45gm corn flour (sifted)

(B)

150gm castor sugar
150gm butter
½ tsp ovalette
1 egg
1 ½ tsp coffee oil
1 tbsp instant coffee
1 tbsp hot water (mix with instant coffee)

Method:
  1. Cream ingredients (B) until fluffy. Pour in coffee last.
  2. Fold in ingredients (A) and stir well.
  3. Put the dough in the star-shaped nozzle. Pipe any design you desire. Decorate with almond flakes.
  4. Put on a greased baking tray and bake in oven at 180~C for 15 to 20 minutes.

No comments: