After completing the two non-bake cheesecakes, I continued to get my ingredients ready for the "DOME" Chicken Pie that the kids ordered. It's actually pretty simple and straight forward, nothing too fancy though. Just refer to the below ingredients , and like I named it, it's my version of the "DOME" Chicken pie that one of my good friend (Winnie) introduces me when we had lunch at The 'DOME' Cafe at 1Borneo quite some time ago. Give it a try, because it's really simple and tasty too for both young and old. Happy Chicken Pie baking!
MY 'DOME' CHICKEN PIE
Ingredients for the filling
300-350 gm of chicken breast, diced
Some cornflour for marinating
2 tsp of soya sauce
200gm packed frozen mixed vegetable, defrost
Some oil for cooking
4 - 5 pieces of puff pastry – 5inch x 5 inch (you can buy the ready-made ones from any supermarket)
4 – 5 ramekins ( I use the 4 inches in diameter ones)
- Marinate the chicken meat with cornflour and soya sauce, leave aside.
- Heat the sauce pan with tbsp cooking oil, and sautéed the chicken.
- Add in the mixed vegetables and stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Add in the Cheese and herbs cream. Use the emptied can, refill with half –can of water , stir and pour into the saucepan.
- Cook for a few minutes, turn off the heat.
- Spoon the chicken filling into the ramekin (should make about 4 – 5 ramekins) and covered it with a piece of the puff pastry. You will need to use some egg white to seal the sides of the bowl by pressing it with your fingers. Don't forget to use a scissor to cut an 'X' on the top-centre of the puff pastry to let the hot air escape when baking.
Bake at pre-heated oven at 180~C for 20 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden brown and cooked. Enjoy!
Happy Pie Baking!