Saturday, October 17, 2009

Non-Bake OREO Cheesecake ( 1 of 4)

I know it's crazy to make 2 creamy rich cheese cakes in a day and topped it up with a main course that is creamy and rich , and not forgetting cheesy as well - that's "Chicken Pie".....whoa!!! LOL

Yeap, I did that exactly in a day.....one fine Sunday ^-^, hey, let's just say, I'm celebrating Deepavali , OK?!! hehe...... I was so insane to choose these two cheesecakes, as both of these are extremely 'RICH' and well , what can I say, it's YUMMY from the top of my voice. I haven't make cheesecake before since I started baking, so why not, NOW. Like my boys advice me, "Mummy, practice makes perfect"....yeap, boys, Mummy totally agrees ;)

The other when i was shopping for cake ingredients in Bake with Me (the local cake ingredient store), I asked for 2 blocks of 250gm Philly Cream Cheese , but too bad, they ran out of stock, and only has the 4kg packing left. As I knew the next few days would be Public Holidays due to Deepavali, I wouldn't want to suit at home doing nothing, and since I'm so determine that I'm going to make cheesecakes this round, ........so without hesitation, I just grabbed that 4kg box of cream cheese home.
Mind you, I will be baking a lot of things with cheese in the following weeks to come.....LOL ^_^ OK, who cares....let's hit into my today's menu, I'm going to make :-
  1. Non-Baked OREO Cheesecake
  2. Tiramisu
  3. My version of "DOME" Chicken Pie
  4. And last but not least......Jasmine Green Tea Konnyaku Jelly
Thank goodness that these two cakes does not requires baking, that's why I can managed to add item (3) and (4) on the menu. Not to waste anymore time, as I have promised a few friends to have these 2 cheesecakes and the chicken pie recipes posted ASAP....hehe, sorry for the delay ya....:P Happy 'Crazy' Baking like me........cheers ^-^

NON-BAKED OREO CHEESECAKE
This recipe was extracted from Kraft website.
Ingredient

1 cup crushed OREO Original cookies

50gm butter, melted

500gm block of Philadelphia Cream cheese, softened

¾ cup castor sugar

3 tsp gelatine, dissolved in ¼ cup of boiling water

2 tbsp lemon juice

1 cup Dairy whipping cream, lightly whipped

100gm OREO Chocolate Creme cookies, crushed

50gm OREO Chocolate Creme Cookies, extra, roughly chopped

Method:
  1. Combine the crumbs and butter and press into lined 20cm springform cake pan. Chill in the fridge for later use.
  2. Beat the cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. (you might like to add in the cream that is scraped off from the OREO cookies). Fold in the gelatine mixture, lemon juice, whipped cream and lastly the roughly chopped OREO Chocolate Creme Cookies.
  3. Pour the filling into the prepared crust, refrigerate for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with extra OREOs crushed cookies crumbs on top and refrigerate for another 2 hours or until set.




No comments: