Thursday, April 26, 2018

HS - Milk Loaf Bread


I think you guys are going to say I'm hooked unto baking with Herman Starter as I have been posting breads and buns week after week, LOL...........Sorry!! 😝 I did actually got hooked on this Mr Herman because I'm just so amazed at the outcome of the bread and buns that it yields, so fluffy, so soft, so smooth and it doesn't have that yeast smell in the bread / buns. The best among all is the bread or buns stays soft for 2 to 3 days, and if you reheat it in the oven, it soften more and it's as good as it's been just baked. Now you know why I've been baking breads and buns so often, even though I don't get to eat it myself......but my kids especially my daughter, Angel, she just loves bread and buns and my father-in-law is too.

This time instead of buns, I shaped it into a loaf as I haven't bake any white bread loaf for so so long, and guess what, in fact baking loaf bread are pretty satisfying, especially when you seen the loaf came out of the oven, looking gorgeously in shape, fluffed up and standing tall, square and when you slice into it.......piece by piece , it's white and so soft, seeing the crumbs just sums it all. 



The recipe used is no other than the 'Herman Starter Single Proofing Method' Killer Toast Bread recipe that I used in my last few bakes, and here is the link, the only twerk I did was the following :-

I added 1 Tablespoon of Milk Powder together with the usual dry ingredients;
and I weigh 1 egg + full cream milk = 100gm.  The rest of the method in kneading the bread dough is the same, as I dumped everything into my Breadmaker (BM). Total kneading time is 30 mins which is 10 mins in the BM, add butter and knead another 10 mins. Then, turn it out to the table top and hand knead for another 10 mins until window pane stage (please do this test to ensure you have a soft and fluffy texture bread).



Method of Shaping the Dough:
The shaping of the dough is slightly different that the buns, as for loaf bread, you need a Pullman Loaf tin with/ without cover. Shape the dough by dividing the dough equally into 3 portions, roll each portion flat into a cylinder and roll it up like swiss roll. Place it into the greased Pullman loaf tin (I'm using a 7" x 4" x 4" inches), do the same with the other 2 portions. Cover with cling wrap and let it proof to double the size. 

FYI, this time my proofing time was pretty long as I left it overnight and bake only in the early morning. It started proofing at 4.30pm on Sunday and I baked it at 6.40am on Monday morning, where the dough was doubled in size, and occupied 3/4 of the loaf tin. I bake it without covering the lid for 25mins at 170C, fan-based oven. Take the bread out and leave it to cool for a few minutes on the wire rack, before turning it out to cool completely. 

Do not slice the bread when it's still hot or warm as you might squish it , hahaha! Be patient, you'll get to slice it when it totally cool down, and it''s satisfy you, I promise! 



Happy baking and enjoy your Herman Milk Loaf Bread, hope you like it! 😉



No comments: