Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Homemade Iced Gem Cookies



Gem Cookies......sounds familiar to you? or should I used back it's original name as "belly button cookies"? πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Those were the sweet memories I have when I saw this in one of the social media, and I thought to myself, I must make this. I have always loved this cookies since I was a kid, and even until now. ........but of course now, I can't take them as I ditched carbs and sugar.,,,,,,,how sad to have to forego these childhood memories treats.....but it's OK, as in the house, there'e my kids and my nieces, and also most of my friends still loves them, that gives me a chance to have the excuse to bake them, LOL

Like I said, I have always wanted to make these Gem Cookies as I would like to have a more buttery cookie base, and the icing on top, I would prefer it to be like a meringue base, crunchy on the outside, and when bite into it, it's a little soft and mellow like there is a hint of marshmallow in it. The original belly button cookie the top was iced with royal icing if I'm not mistaken.....anyway, it still tastes great until today. But today, I'm going to make my version of it, which Cupcake Jemma did just that.....little Gem Cookie iced with Meringue πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

Here is how you do your homemade version of these Belly Button Cookies or the new and more glamorous name now is Gem Cookies , hahaha

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/photo/114625954057922568813/6542688428240990482
You may download the above recipe card by clicking unto this link:



Happy baking and hope you like this upgraded version of this cookie ! Tell me how do you like by commenting down below, have a nice day!



No comments: