Tuesday, October 13, 2009

BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE SLICE


I always believe that when someone is craving for something, it must be satisfied, or else he /she will not have a peace of mind that day.....hehe. Today, I felt just like that, I was busy working in the office, and out of a sudden,  the thought or should I say, a craving for a slice of 'Blueberry Crumble' came into my mind. I was searching into my pen drive to see if I have this piece of menu in MY RECIPE folder......... Oh yes, and I did have one........abstracted from My Kitchen Snippets. I took a good look at the recipe and set my mind that I'm going home to make my "Blueberry Crumble Slice" tonight ^-^
I was so envied that My Kitchen Snippets are using fresh blueberries in this recipe (as this recipe called for). As for me, I have to substitute the fresh blueberries with the blueberry pie filling that I can get from the cake ingredient store. Well, as Malaysia does not grow berries that well in this kind of climate, we only get to eat berries very occasionally, and that is if some supermarket sell them.
cakes with a crumble topping has been one of my favourite, as it's give you two types of outcome; (1) a biscuit-like crumb on the topping and beneath,(2) a delicious yummy cake. When I sent this cake to my in-laws' house, I got very good comments from my SIL (Emily) and also my MIL .....and  my kids like it too. As for my Hubby, he said my Blueberry Crumble Slice looks good and very successful, but as usual, he did not eat any as he is not a sweet-tooth kind of person, but did give me a thumb-up for this ^-^. As for Angel, she only likes the crumbled toppings.......hehe, weird girl as usual. Try it out and I guarantee you'll like this cake and the recipe is a sure-keeper, and I will definitely make this cake again myself........cheers to all and Happy Crumble Cake Baking ^-^
Recipe as per below or you can always check into My Kitchen Snippets to check it out, strongly recommend you all to check this website out, as there are a lot of awesome recipes there.

BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE SLICE
6 tbsp of butter
2 eggs
1/2 cup of sugar
2 tbsp of sour cream
1 tsp of vanilla
1 cup of flour
1/4 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of baking powder
2 cups of fresh blueberries (I used Blueberry filling for pie instead because Malaysia can't get fresh blueberry)

Crumble topping
3 tbsp of soft butter
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of flour

Method
1) Grease a 8" x 8" square pan and line the bottom with parchment paper leaving an overhang on both side (for easy removing your cake later)
2) Mix all the crumble topping together until it resemble coarse breadcrumbs. In a separate bowl sift flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3) In a mixer cream butter and sugar, sour cream and vanilla until light and fluffy.
4) Add in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Reduce the speed of the mixer and slowly add in the flour until well combined.
5) Spread the batter evenly into the baking pan, cover the top of the batter with blueberries (press berries slightly into the batter) and sprinkle the crumble topping over the blueberries.
6) Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree F over for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in the pan.
7) To remove from the pan, just lift the cake up from the overhang parchment paper and cut into squares.

Happy Blueberry Crumble Slice Baking !

No comments: