Sunday, July 4, 2010

Learn2Bake July Part 1 Challenge – Crumble Cake (Strawberry)



Yes! I'm done with my Learn2Bake July Part 1 Challenge early this time, finally! Usually I'm always fighting time to get it done before the dateline. Well, this July month is definitely a busy month for me both for work, and for my own personal things. Anyway, let's just say I'm always left with not enough time to do a lot of things that I planned to do. I still have a list of things that I wanted to do, want to bake and wanted to get it done before certain dates……..sigh, looks like I need more than 24 hours a day. Well, I don't know how many of you out there are complaining the same thing as me …………"Not enough time" for almost everything!! LOLAnyway, I'm glad I completed the challenge, as being the head of the Learn2Bake Club, I guessed it's my duty to show the members some determination in getting something bake if you have to or given the task to. To tell you the truth, I have got this item in my baking list since late June – a request from my SiL (Emily). So, since this is what we have to bake for this month's challenge, I gladly completed it and then sent it over to my SiL, whereas the other half I brought it to the office for a visitor friend from Miri (Elaine) for taste testing.


The recipe chosen for the challenge was adapted from this blog – My Kitchen Snippets and I have baked this Crumble Cake / Slice before and it was featured in my previous blogs, right here. The only changes I made this time is the filling – instead of Blueberry, I substituted it with Strawberry. You can check out the recipe from here, and as for the filling flavor, you can use any other pie filling you like. Tell you what, you must make time to bake this cake, it will become one of your favourite on the tea-time list.



Happy Crumble Cake baking!

No comments: