Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Cute Animal Cookies


OK, so this weekend I didn't get to bake anything big because I was working, but it just doesn't feel right to see the kitchen being so quiet and the oven being unheated....hahaha, I know I sounded crazy, but that's just me :p I just have to bake something today because if not, I won't be in peace the whole day. The other day, I bought a set of 'Animal Cookie cutters' and they are just so cute........heh, now I have an excuse to bake.......LOL, and Angelica totally demanded that I do too, because she saw those lovely cutters and just couldn't wait to eat a cookie made out of it ^_^

I picked a very simple cookie recipe from one of the my newly invested cookbook, hehe – "50 All Time Favourite Bakes by Seashore Publishing (M) S/B" at a very special promo price of RM9.90 at Popular Bookstore (usual price RM21.90) and it's called the "Animal Cookies'. The cookies turned out really cute with the 'animal prints' on it, and it sure makes the kids 'ooh-ing' and 'wah-ing' all the way when it came out of the oven.......LOL

And this is the recipe, it's very simple and it can be prepared and done within less than 40 minutes. get your kids to involve and have fun ..........as usual, Happy Cookies Baking from me to you ^-^


Animal Cookies

Ingredients 
(A) 
150gm Unsalted Butter
50gm Icing Sugar
50gm Brown Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla essence
2 Egg Yolks
1 Egg white
Pinch of salt
Pinch of Ground Cinnamon (optional)

(B)
325gm All-purpose Flour / Plain Flour
50gm Milk Powder
30gm cornflour
½ tsp Baking powder 

Method
  1. Pre-heat oven at 180~C and line 2 baking tray with parchment paper or lightly greased it.
  2. Beat (A) till light and fluffy.
  3. Sift (B) and fold in lightly into (A) until a dough is form.
  4. Roll the dough into 3mm thickness and use the animal cookie cutter to shape it. Place onto a greased tray or on parchment paper, bake for 20 minutes at 180~C.
  5. Set on the wire rack to cool before storing into air-tight container.


  Happy Animal Cookies Baking !!

 

No comments: