Ya, bread and buns post again……well, this one was baked over the weekend during the long holidays too…..:P The recipe for the 'sweet bun dough / straight dough' was indeed the same taken from Alex Goh's The World of Bread cookbook that I have been using for the past few buns and breads blogs. Therefore, you can check it out from there for the recipe and whereas the filling this time is 'Blueberry' ….something more fruity and slightly sweet for a Sunday afternoon tea at home, tucked under my blanket, sitting on the couch, hearing the heavy rain outside tapping the on the ground……and of course watching my favourite TV series – Ghost Whisperer Season 5……with the kids as my faithful companion……LOL ^-^I quickly have the dough ready in the morning as I knew that in the afternoon the temperature in the kitchen will not be warm enough for the dough to prove as it has been raining very heavily everyday for the past whole month now….and the timing is just so exact, that you just know when it is going to rain…..everyday around 2.30pm……I can almost become a weather forecaster myself……LOL
So, I got the buns ready hot and smelling really nice in the kitchen at around 4pm when the rain outside was pouring hard and heavy. Staying indoor is the best place I would do when weather like this……there's this saying by the Chinese – "chase the dogs out, they also wouldn't go out"…..well, so I'm staying in and having tea and blueberry buns with the kids and enjoyed our TV……hope you are too ;)
Prepare a basic 'Sweet Bun Dough' from the recipe here.
50gm castor sugar
Pinch of salt
(B) 1 Egg
(C) 85gm plain flour
(D) Blueberry jam (I used Blueberry pie filling for a thicker and concentrate taste)
- Prepare Mexico topping : Cream (A) until well blended. Add (B) and cream till smooth. Lastly add (C) and mix till well blended, set aside.
- Divide the sweet bun dough into 60gm each portions, shape into balls and put them into a 10cm foil pie dish.
- Leave the dough balls to prove for 45 minutes or till they are double in size.
- Put the Mexico topping into a piping bag, and pipe some Mexico topping on the bun dough after it has risen, then pipe some blueberry jam in the centre of the bun.
- Bake at preheated oven at 190~C in the middle rack in the oven for 12 – 15 minutes, and serve.
Happy Blueberry Buns baking!