Monday, September 6, 2010

Learn2Bake September Challenge - Basic Sweet Bun Dough



Another of the Learn2Bake Challenge, and this time I have chosen 'Basic Sweet Bun Dough' for my members to do, since they have been baking cakes and cakes a lot....some of them even begged me to change to something else.......LOL , so 'kelian' (pity) ^-^
Ok, so buns and bread will be our topic for the whole of September!! Guess what, even I myself can't wait to quickly get this challenge done.....as I have told you before, I'm a bread person, and all my boys are.......even my little girl, Angel also started to like bread and buns too.....but she prefers the plain ones :)
Secondly is because I have been baking a lot of cupcakes lately since I started to go back to baking after a few weeks of absence, hehe....
I have given them a few parts to complete and choose, as most of you who are very familiar with bread baking, would know that, you only need a "basic sweet bun dough' to transform and create a varieties of other buns that are sold in local bakeries. I have selected the 'Basic Sweet Bun Dough' recipe from my cookbook collection called "BreadMagic" by Chef Alan Ooi, this is a good cookbook that you should invest  I would say.
As for the parts of the variety buns, I picked and chosed from a few cookbook......and I'm glad to announced that I completed my challenge pretty early this month and I'm so happy, as I have more time to do other baking list that I have........see ya!






Happy Basic Sweet Bun Dough Baking!!

4 comments:

WendyinKK said...

Love the star buns.
Did you fill it and press it in a star shaped mould? or you baked it in a star shaped mould?

Mumto4Angels said...

Hi Wendy,

Thanks dear, yes, I put it in the 'star shape' mould and let it proof there then baked in it too :)

Anonymous said...

They look so professionally done. Good enough to sell!

Mumto4Angels said...

Hi Crustabakes,
Thank you for the compliment, I will only bake breads and buns for my kids to eat , hehe :)