Coming to why Prune Butter Cake today is........because I have a packet of Sunsweet Pitted Prune sitting in my fridge for almost a week now after Angelica deserted it....hehe, so before it hit the expiry date, I had better make full use of it ^_^
So, without much thought, I knew I have seen a recipe of Prune Butter Cake in my cookbook , and that's how this cake was baked. I kinda like this cake's turnout because it's not very sweet (as I have done an adjustment to the sugar), the prune in a butter cake makes it very appetizing , it's not one of those very rich butter cake and it's moist and soft in texture......good even the next day ;)
Happy Prune Butter Cake Baking !
Prune Butter Cake
200gm unsalted butter
200gm castor sugar (I used only 170gm)
1/4 tsp salt
300gm plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
200gm pitted prunes (I used Sunsweet Pitted Prunes, and I sliced it very thinly, not whole as in the cookbook)
2 Tbsp Strawberry fruit jam - for decorating ( I opted this out)
- Grease and line a 20cm (8 inch) baking pan, preheat oven to 175~C / 350~F.
- Beat butter, margarine, sugar and salt until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
- Fold in sifted flour and baking powder, mix well.
- Arrange prunes onto baking tray. (I sliced my prunes, therefore I added it into the batter and stir it in to mix well ) and spread the batter into the baking pan.
- * If you are decorating , then pipe diagonal lines on the top and put it into the oven to bake for 40 minutes or until cooked.
- Leave it in the baking pan to cool for awhile, then slowly transfer to the wire rack to cool completely, ready to serve!