Friday, November 4, 2016

White Chips Dark Chocolate Cookies

When it comes to cookies, I never have to worry if there will be anyone in the house to eat it or not, as I can tell you, I have a few Cookie Monsters in the house, yeah, and they rock!! Hahaha.....kidding!



But, well, it's true that they are Cookie Monster alright, as every cookie jars filled will be emptied in a week. So, I never have to worry baking cookies as they will always be supporters to ate them all up, before I start baking the next recipe on my cookie baking list.

Last week I went into a baking shop and saw this 'Black Chocolate Powder' and instantly I scooped it up and head to the counter. I have been looking for this Black Chocolate Powder for quite some time now after having a cookie recipe that calls for it. Normally, they only have like Chocolate Powder (the brown ones) or Cocoa Powder, even the Hershey's brand here in KK are basically the 'Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder' ones that you can find and no others. Oh, and to make my cookie more contrasting with its companion, I chosed the Milk White Chocolate chips instead. As you can form my pic above, it's really 'B&W' combination there, haha

This recipe yields me a 2 full big cookie jars and the kiddos at home were so delighted to see it all filled up again, yea....I'm the Best Mom in the world eh, ok I know, tsk tsk


 White Chips Dark Chocolate Cookies 

Ingredients
2-1/4 cups (282gm) all purpose flour
2/3 cup (78gm) Black Chocolate Powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup butter (227gm) , room temperature
3/4 cup (150gm) castor sugar
2/3 cup (133gm) packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups White Chocolate Chips

Method 
  1. Preheat oven to 350F / 175C.
  2. Combine flour, dark chocolate powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
  3. Beat butter and the 2 types of sugar (castor and brown) in a mixing bowl using a mixer until creamy. 
  4. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add the flour mixture in 2 to 3 batch. Add in the White chocolate chips and using a spatula to mix it well and evenly with the dough.
  5. Using a teaspoon, scoop a dollop and drop it on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, leaving about 1 inch apart.
  6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until centers are set. Do rotate the baking tray half way through your baking to evenly bake the cookies.
  7. Cool on the baking tray for about 2 to 3 minutes before removing it to the wire rack to cool completely. Once completely cool, you may store them in your cookie jars, airtight and it can store up to 2 weeks.
Note : These cookies are so yummy because it's the bittersweet from the black chocolate powder blends in so well with the milk choc chips.

Till then, Happy baking and have a good weekend!


 

 

No comments: