I don't know how many ladies in my group would be that crazy to set their alarm clock to 2.30AM everyday for a month to get up and sit in front of the TV to watch the match, hahaha, but I'm one of them. Hubby would love to company me, but each time when the alarm clock rings, he would say, he would love to continue sleeping and dreaming instead ....huh! I don't care if I'm watching it alone, I just want to watch!! That's how crazy I can be :)
Anyway, a month has passed by, and today is the last "final" match of the Euro game, and that left the two team to compete for the UEFA EURO Cup 2012 -namely SPAIN vs ITALY. I am a fan of both, but when given a choice to choose only one, Spain is my favourite ....all the way from WC2010. My favourite players would be Fernando Torres, Sergio Ramos, Iniesta, Fabregas, David Silva and in fact , the whole team , LOL
What's more, Spain started with a 2-0 in the 1st half and another 2 more goals in the 2nd half, closing the game with 4-0 to Italy.......I jumped and screamed to my feet with joy, LOL. That was an awesome match and everyone performed really well, and I can feel the joy of Spain in celebration........but also the sadness of Italy for losing so badly :(
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
(Makes 18 cupcakes)
250gm plain flour, sifted
250gm butter, softened to room temperature
180gm castor sugar
4 Tbsp of cocoa powder, sifted together with the flour
1 tsp Rum / Kahlua / Brandy *Optional
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
40 ml milk
For the Chocolate Ganache
100gm Chocolate, chopped into small pieces
50ml Double cream
- Heat the cream in a saucepan to boil , then take it off the heat. Pour in into the chopped chocolate and leave it for 1 minute. Stir it to melt the chocolate, and leave it to cool slightly, until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 160 degree Celsius. Line the cupcakes cases on the baking tray.
- Beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and bicarbonate soda, set aside.
- Lower down the mixer speed to medium-low and add in the eggs , one at a time, making sure that it is well combined.
- Add the milk and Rum/ Brandy / Kahlua, whichever you are using, and mixed well.
- Add in the cocoa/ flour into the mixture , slowly , batch by batch and mix until all fully combine.
- Scoop the batter 1/3 into the casing, then scoop a tablespoon of the chocolate ganache into the center of the batter, and then top it with another 1/3 of the batter, filling 2/3 of the casing. Repeat this to all the other casings.
- Bake at the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes depending on individual oven. However, the cupcakes are done once a skewer inserted in the centre, comes out clean.
- Leave it to cool on the wire rack.
To make the decoration, cover the top of the cupcakes with buttercream , smooth it to the brim (I used 'pink' tinted buttercream)and place a piece of the specially ordered 'UEFA EURO 2012 logo edible image icing that I ordered from one of the local provider - Sugar Art.
Well, till then......have fun making these cupcakes and again ....."Viva La Espana!!!"