In fact this is the first time I actually bought dried flowers .........as I don't normally make flower teas, but more to Green Tea and of course, Coffee!!! LOL
As far as I can remember, I have never bake with any dried flowers before too......so, it's time to start now, eh....hehehe. After the Osmanthus flower attempt in making the Konnyaku, I have also started searching in the internet for other relevant recipes in baking and cooking using these flowers.
Don't be surprise you start seeing me posting topics on baking or cooking with Rose, Osmanthus, Lavender or maybe Chrysanthemum and Jasmine, LOL.....:P
Anyway, these batch of Lavender Cookies were baked by the suggestion from my BFF, Marilynda. She told me that she loved these Lavender Cookies after her first time tasting it years ago, when her neighbor gave a box to her after her return from England for a holiday. The brand of the cookies that she tasted was from 'Marks & Spenser'.......oh, I see.....now that makes me even more lighted up with the urge to quickly work up a cookie dough and bake it, hehehe :P
I promised her that I will come up with the recipe after a search from the WWW and by Monday, I'll be seeing her for lunch with a box of Lavender Cookies for her taste testing :)
And so I search and manage to find a few........but I only need one that is the BEST!!....and after thoroughly going through the ingredients, I finally decided with my own, where I altered here and there........trust me, its' the easiest and the promise of a good cookie crunch is sealed!
Give it a try, it's not asking for a thousand things........just plain simple ingredients that I'm sure you can easily them on your kitchen cupboard......of course, except for the "Lavender Flowers".
LAVENDER COOKIES (Makes about 3 dozen)
315gm all purpose flour (I used HK Flour)
250gm butter , softened
190gm Icing sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 Tbsp of dried Lavender flowers, I used it whole, you might like to chop it if you wish :)
- Preheat the oven to 170 degree Celsius and line 3 cookie trays with parchment papers.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with icing sugar until light pale and fluffy, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the egg, and mix thoroughly until well combined.
- Sift together the baking powder and flour, and slowly add in to the mixture on low speed until combined.
- Add in the lavender flowers and stir thoroughly.
- You can use a spoon to scoop the dough and place a dollop on the cookie tray, OR like me, I use my cookie piping gadget (that I bought 2 years ago, but haven't try it out yet, so this is the chance, hehe). I scooped enough of the dough and insert it into the tube, locked the top. Then, I placed a disc of the pattern I chosed, and locked the bottom, and start piping it on the parchment paper :)
- Bake the cookies at 170 degree Celsius for 18 minutes (on my oven).....you kindly adjust the time according to your oven ya.
Here are some beautiful pictures that caught my attention . Just look at those beautiful Lavender field.....like a carpet.....hmmm...aaaahh!!
|How I wish I was the owner of this house.....sigh!!|
|Can you imagine yourself walking on these lovely Lavender field with you loved ones.....aaw!!|
|Lastly, imagine yourself sipping a cup of English Tea with a small plate of Lavender cookies.....baked by me, LOL|