Friday, March 9, 2012

Blueberry Crumble Pie



Sometimes when it comes to afternoon tea-time, our minds will start running wild thinking about pastries, puffs, cupcakes, cookies and some goes for paus (buns) or bread......but I would prefer pie......for today, that is :)
To tell you the truth, I always juggle my lunch and teabreak together, as when I'm in the office, my lunch time was never on time (which is between 12.30 pm to 2.00pm). I'm always late and sometimes, when I'm too busy, I actually forgot about the time and also I tend to ignore the growling of my stomach, hehehe.......cruel of me huh,  in fact I sometimes purposely do that as an excuse to go on a diet, LOL


Anyway, today, as I still have a portion of the leftover 'Sweet Shortcrust Pastry' that I have after baking my 'Mini Apple Pie' the other day, I decided to have another pie treat for tea-time ....and 'Blueberry Crumble Pie' takes the crowning , haha


So, here is the recipe for this treat, use back the 'Sweet Shortcrust Pastry' recipe and also the method of rolling out the pastry for the pie pan. As for the Blueberry filling, I bought a small tub (25ogm) of ready-made Blueberry Pie filling from BWM ( I didn't use all, too much and little sweet too) and as for the crumble, please refer below.




Crumble topping
1/3 cup + 1/2 Tbsp all purpose flour
35gm butter, room temperature, cut to cubes, not melted 
1/3 cup ground almond, pulse it in the food processor for a more fine texture
2 1/2 Tbsp castor sugar


In a medium bowl, place the flour and butter and using your fingertips, rub the ingredients together until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add the ground almond and sugar and mix it in. Sprinkle over the blueberry filling and bake at preheated oven of 180~C for 30 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and the fruit is bubbling.




Serve with your favourite English Tea or..... coffee is just as good too!




Happy pie baking, dear!


No comments: