"Happy New Year" to all of you, if I can still say that some of you who are still patiently following my blog.....by this time , could have been bored to death with my last posting on the "Konnyaku Jelly" ...which was like since last October........yeah, you are right, I felt deeply "SORRY" for not blogging lately.....and really felt "BAD" for not keeping my promise in being a consistent blogger......and I felt truly "AWFUL" for owing so many of you recipes that you have requested from me and I have promise to post.......PLEASE ACCEPT MY SINCERE APOLOGY, FOLKS!! I promise to be good from now on........or else I'll punish myself for 3 months of "NO-BAKING"....which I think will definitely kill me, LOL ^_^...OK?? Deal??!! hehe.......
I know I have tonnes of posting (I meant back-dated ones) to post and to clear my debts towards those of you that I owe.......but, don't worry , I will start with the very recent ones first, as the really old ones, I'll definitely bake and make again.......if the recipe is worth to be a keeper, so sooner or later, it'll be UP ;)
So, I'll start with the the celebration of me and my family "Welcoming the NEW YEAR 2011 on the eve of 2010....where I knew a few of you requested for this "Cheese Baked Rice" that I made for that night. I must say I'm not so much of a 'rice-person' as I would choose bread and pasta for rice anytime, hehe....but this "Cheese Baked Rice" was something that I would choose otherwise :)
CHEESE BAKED RICE
1.5 cups rice
2 cups water
A knob of butter (I put 1 Tbsp)
Salt and pepper to taste
3-4 cloves of garlic
1/5 cups pineapple cubes (Optional , I didn't put this)
1/2 cup button mushrooms, sliced
1 cup ham, sliced
3/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese, grated (or more, hehe)
3/4 cup Cheddar Cheese, grated ( or more too, hehe)1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup (do not mix with water, straight from the tin please)
Herbs of your choice, I used Rosemary, Bay Leave, Parsley and Basil and lots of Black pepper
- Melt the butter in a frying pan, then add in the garlic, salt, pepper and some herbs. Fry till fragant, then add in the rice. Fry for about 5 minutes and transfer to the rice cooker.
- Add the water and sprinkle some more herbs if you like. Let it cook.
- Add the sliced ham , mushrooms, pineapple and some black pepper to the rice when cooked. Stir and mix well.
- Dish into a baking dish or individual foil casing, add more herbs (trust me, it won't overdose, you'll regret if you don't, LOL).
- Evenly spread the Cream of Chicken Soup on top of the rice, generously please, hehe.
- Sprinkle the grated Mozzarella and Cheddar cheese on top and bake at preheated oven at 200 degree Celsius for about 15-20 minutes, or until you see the cheese on top starting to brown and turn golden. Dig in and enjoy.........you'll love this, I promise!!
Happy New Year everyone, may all your wishes come true .....
for me, all I wish for in 2011, is for God to give me a fat bank account and a slim body, but please don't mix these 2 things up like YOU did last year, Amen !! LOL