Monday, January 11, 2010

White Chocolate Raisins Cookies


Hi everyone.....school has started for about 2 weeks now....the kids are busy with their school activities, school homeworks and tuition, while I'm busy with my office work too. Normally at this time of the year, the office can be pretty crowded and messy (I mean on everyone's work desk) as the 'chasing' game is on from students and parents to US, and WE to the universities and colleges.....those of you who knew what I do for a living, will know what I meant .....hehe (^-^)
Anyway, that doesn't stop me from baking, I still find the time to bake as much as I can......especially when the kids requested something to bring to school the next day. Sometimes, I find it a bit hard to bake bread or buns for them on weekdays, as the fermenting part takes quite long.....and I only have 2 - 3 hours before I head off to bed. Therefore for weekdays, I will try to bake only cakes, cupcakes, muffins or cookies for them and leave the bread and buns for the weekends
This was one of it that I made during the weekdays and it's really simple and pretty straightforward, and the kids loved it. It's those cookies that are really chunky and cakey, because of the raisins and white chocolate chunks in it, but it sure is yummy. This recipe is adapted from the 'Taste of Home' website. Give it a try and Happy Cookie Baking!

WHITE CHOCOLATE RAISINS COOKIES
(Yield 2 dozen)

Ingredients
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup castor sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1  1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup raisins, or any dried fruits of your choice
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

Directions
  • In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 mins. Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to butter mixture and mix well. Stir in raisins and chocolate chips.
  • Drop by heaping tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375~F / 180~C for 8 - 10 mins or until lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. 

No comments: