Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas everyone........my first blog about Christmas 2009


We wish you a Merry Christmas, We wish you a Merry Christmas, We wish you a Merry Christmas, And a Happy New Year!!! gosh, I just love this song, I can sing it over and over again in the car, in the shower, in my heart when I'm doing my work, and almost anytime of the day.......I just love Christmas. No wonder people and songs used to say that "Christmas is the best time of the year........no matter you are young or old, you'll just love this season.
When I was a kid, I love Christmas so much because of the amount of presents I'll get under the Christmas tree and anxiously waiting for the clock to strike 12 midnight on the 24th Dec to open it. Then, now as a mother, I passed this tradition down to my 4 kids, telling them stories of Santa Clause and his reindeers  delivering their presents on Christmas Eve on a sleigh...... if they behave well that year, they'll get presents under the tree, and of course they have to get to bed early before midnight on the Eve of Christmas, or else Santa won't come. To tell you the truth, sometimes I feel bad telling them this story, but well, seeing them waking up really early in the morning and running down to check on the Christmas tree the next day ......those happy faces and giggles, and how satisfying they are when they opened up those presents and found that Santa actually replied their letters. Well, I hope one day, they will understand the true meaning of Christmas.........as I guess all mothers in this world wants only for their children to celebrate the joy of Christmas like every children in the world celebrates.
Well, as this is my first Christmas blog, I celebrated Christmas this year with my kids at my brother (Anthony) and SIL(Celine)'s house, with my nieces (Aline, Lenice, Iris, Sheryl and Gillen) and nephew (Daryl), my eldest sister (Annie) and BIL (Tony) and some other friends. As for Hubby, this is the busiest day for him at work.
A week before Christmas, I had already made some sugar cookies for the kids to decorate and they had so much fun piping the royal icing on those cookies. We made ginger breadmen, christmas trees and some stars, flooded frosted with royal icing. For those of you who would like to make some sugar cookies,  here's a reliable Sugar Cookies recipe that I used for this project and I got it from Joy of Baking and it works really well, as it doesn't spread when you bake them in the oven. It's crispy stays for at least 2 weeks if you store them in an airtight container.......but do remember Tip # 1: Only start frosting the cookies when it's thoroughly cool down and Tip 32 : Stack your frosted sugar cookies on layers of parchment papers so the icing won't stick to the other cookies on top and lastly Tip #3 : Cover your royal icing mixture with a dampen cloth or cling wrap when not in use, to avoid it from getting hard. Happy Sugar Cookies Baking.....^-^
So, here's wishing you all, "Merry Christmas and Season's Greetings!! God Bless you all!"

No comments: