Sunday, September 20, 2009

First Attempt in Bread Making

Sept 19, 2009 - Flipping the cookbook is what I do very often now, since I have adopted this habit and interest of baking and cooking. The very thing that really tempted me to try is "BREAD" making, a real loaf of sandwich bread or aka white bread.
I checked and checked my ingredients and bravo.....i have everything I need to make this "Pullman Bread" as stated in the book "The World of Bread with Alex Goh". I told Hubby that I will try to make a loaf of bread today .....and I did, hehe.
I weighed all my ingredients as stated and got all my utensils required. Geez, it's not as easy as I thought it was in the book, a lot of knead and proving time needed and it took me almost 5 hours to get that bread dough into the oven, to finally bake it for 20-25 minutes. Wow! i was very impressed with the outlook when i took the bread tin out of the oven......I opened the lid and the shape of a loaf is indeed promising........i knew I did it!










I can't wait to sliced the loaf into pieces and damn.......the bread was not properly bake or should I say.......it didn't turn out the way it should. Oh........no.........sigh........:(
I told Hubby and the kids my bread fail me.......*sob, sob*......and Hubby told me he will try it out with me the next day. Thanks Dear, that's very sweet of you and I was looking forward to it so much......bcos I knew Hubby has an experience in pastry and bead making before , when he used to work in Promenade Hotel before. OK, so tomorrow will be the second attempt.......but this time, I have Hubby with me........two is better than one....hehe, so to be continue tomorrow ;)





No comments: